Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Me gusta Wednesdays

(Note: I started this post last Wednesday and wrote a SUPAlong message and the wifi at the mall got a little naughty and only saved some of it...so I'm going to finish it up pretending it was Wednesday and then fill you all in on more recent activities)

Wednesdays I dont have class. On Wednesdays I wake up around 1 or 2 and only because someone calls me to go do something. On Wednesdays the mall isnt that busy and I can find a table to use free internet. BUt this Wednesday, I noticed I lost my debit card. After skyping Wamu though, I was pleasantly surprised to learn they can send me a new card by Friday to my apartment here. Impressive, right? (note, its now Sunday and I'm still debit card less)

I forget what I last blogged about. Last weekend I went out on Friday and enjoyed a typical maybe not so typical Argentine night.  At around 11, headed over to friends apartment. The german girls who live there cooked their favorite soup which Cathleen would love! (not) It had arugula, tuna, 2 kinds of olives, garlic other yummy stuff. I continued the marathon of tomato eating downing a good 4 or 5 that night. Anyways the soup was delicious (thank you Saskia and Julianne) There were 15 of huddled around the kitchen table sweating and enjoying the hot dinner in teh 80 degree argentine weather. Later that night we went to this party that was really cool! It was outside of this old buildling, free to get in, and a breath of fresh air (pun intended) Their was a dj setup that didnt play electronica music (surprise!) and random couches, a broken tv and awesome art on the wall of this old building. It definitely was more my scene as the clubs here are kinda overwhelming. Anyways, apparently there was no license for the dj and bar so the police shut down the party even though it was pretty tame. Maggie and I and others took cab to Ojo Bizaro this dancing boliche in Alabasto, the artsty neighborhood of Cordoba. Danced till pretty late (early) in the morning. Next day we were all pooped, Maggie Saskia and I went to hotel and hung out by the pool...a lovely afternoon. Watched the princess bride and went to bed. SUnday went to VIlla Allende, where our Argentine friend Nelson lives. He has a really nice house with a pool and freaking cute dogs. Had an asado, ate, enjoyed good company and alas, Monday arrived with 2 classes and my continuing struggle to understand everything my professors are saying.


1 comment: