Thursday, July 16, 2009

2 Weeks to Go


 Yes, I'll allow myself to be cliche for a moment: Time flies! In a week I'll be taking my last final and heading out to Buenos Aires for my last 5 or so days in Argentina. Its surreal to think back about arriving at the airport with my backpack and duffel bag and my first crazy landlord waiting for me (thank god I moved).  I'm not gonna continue with the reflection theme in this entry quite yet. I don't know if I'm ready to go. Rather, ready to accept the fact that I have one week left here in Córdoba, a place I quickly grew to love and feel at home. I've expressed these feelings to various people....how bittersweet my departure is. I really love it here. I enjoy the people, the places, the culture, the struggles, the studying (more like struggling...), the daily encounters, the spanish (oh the spanish!), my new landlord and his jokes, feeling like an outsider/trying to pretend not to be/very apparently being one. AH! But how I miss San Francisco, my family, everything that comes with home. Thus my difficulties with leaving. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the people I love and miss but will really miss Argentina. I'll be back I guess, right????
Anyways, heres Iguazu in a few pictures.







1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh teresa, i remember you showing me a google image search picture of that place last summer! and now you're there. ack! time does fly.

    ReplyDelete