Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My weekend


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my mom and grandma...I know its late but I hope you had a beautiful Sunday. Sending lots of amor from Argentina...


Last Friday I went to Alta Córdoba, a neighborhood about 10 minutes-ish/ 10 pesos worth in a cab with my roommate Sarah, my friend Emily and her roommate mark. We went to a bar/restaurant called "Un Lugar" which means "A place" So I went to un lugar called un lugar, essentially. It was really cool, one of the neatest places as far as ambience/etc that I've been here. They played Feist and Sting and had really delicious pizza and drinks. There were candles and antique things everywhere, typewriters, old books, old  musical instruments and dim lighting. I wish I would've taken a picture, but I'm not sure it wouldve turned out.

Saturday I went to the Basque Cultural center- two of my good friends Ekaitz and Asier are from Basque Country. They had a Basque  party there complete with Basque dancing and really tasty wine with fruit. We stayed till about 5 Am hanging out there. I tried to do Basque dancing but looked like a fool. Its hard...and weird. Think... renaissance dancing.

And this is how I spent my Sunday:














Right...so basically nothing but hang out at home and play on the computer with my roommate, Gera.
I did cook a delicious Spanish rice dish that took awhile. I also....cleaned my room, sort of.
Speaking of clean, I finally did laundry today. By that I took it to get washed. And did a load here at my house. I can't wait to have a fresh smelling towel. I think it'll motivate me to shower more often.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASIER! Tonight I went to dinner at his house (also Maggie and Ekaitz house) He made delicious Basque food, soup, fish, calamari....and I baked him a coconut cake earlier today and decorated it is the flag of Basque Country
 
Me (quite proud of my work) and my delicious coconut/dulce de leche masterpiece:
MOM I CUT OFF ALL MY HAIR TODAY!!






Just kidding.
Ha...


Me and my two favorite Basque boys:


Maggie, Asier, and I:
Me and Asier:

I'm excited, it feels like autumn. Its getting cold here. And it rained today! Out come the trendy argentines with their flashy printed scarves and waterproof wear.

Tomorrow I  don't have class and I'm going to get my hair cut. I like Wednesdays, remember?

Un besito y muchos abrazos a todos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment