Monday, June 15, 2009

'i promise i won't blog about it'











Successfully being creepy/ unprepared for a picture in San Marcos. 


Started writing last night, got a little distracted- so here I am.
Saturday I watched Match Point and got to thinking about luck. And how I really miss playing tennis. Ekaitz made really yummy pasta for us and I didn't really see the light of day, other than the view from the balcony. 
In regards to my distraction last night, I got sucked into the world of youtube videos. Has that ever happened to you? The internet is littered with a myriad of outlets to distract yourself/procrastinate/mindlessly waste time. Of course theres awesome stuff too but...  We went from Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey music videos, to various "BEST tOp DIsNEY SONG EVRRR" (which led to me to some Lion King and Tarzan sing a longs), Titanic montages to "Womanizer" by Britney Spears (a travesty), and Diego Luna montages to "I love to Love you Baby". Anyways, all superfluous information. 

This Sunday I went to "paseo de los artes" and as usual came across far too many unnecessary things to buy- but fortunately (or not??) know that I can't afford them. So below are some pictures from paseo my first month here to give you an idea- its a bunch of venders selling jewelry, mates, mirrors, arts/crafts, plants, records and really awesome vintage things. Now that its winter its dark and cold and seems to not be open as late. But when we walked down the street there were two bands jamming out and tons of people sitting on the opposite side on the curb hanging out, watching. Enjoyed a nice coffee and music and once again had the nice revelation that Córdoba is a really cool city to live in and I'll really miss it.





my 2nd favorite book store above- with the most endearing curly haired argentine boy and (most likely) father that work there. I bought an old literature magazine from the 70s there with poems, interviews, and illustrations by Pablo Neruda that RULES. (my first favorite store I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago when I was on my way to the post office and started talking with the owner- a chatty cathy if I've ever met one. anyways, he gave me really awesome recommendations and we ended up talking for probably 30 minutes or so and this 4o something cordobes dad was giving me hints on cool places to go in the city etc etc and was awesome! I digress....)
Anyywayyys, getting down (or up I guess) to an organic farm up in Catamarca this weekend which I'm looking forward too.

Haven't been using my camera lately, which I've been regretting. Will try to post some pictures soon?
Today Saskia left for Buenos Aires- then Germany. We ate at a vegetarian restaurant called "El Vegetariano" Ha.  Delicious. Said our final good byes, took that final picture at the Cañada.  If I could only make it to Barcelona/Europe to visit her in the next 2 years where she'll be doing her masters......This is about the time I'd like to have a minor freakout about college graduation/thoughts on getting my masters etc but I've learned theres really no point.

Some things I'm looking forward to:
-finishing writing an ethics paper/ all work in general
-attempting to establish a normal sleeping pattern this week- closely related to not feeling sick anymore hopefully
-tomorrow Maggies new roomate (a beautiful Argentine cook named Leandro) is coming over to cook at my house- yum yum yum
-mmmmmm  riding a bike through golden gate park and  pumpkin curry from king of thai (I didnt put a time frame on this list right?)

Well I'm gonna go watch a movie. 
un beso grande,
teresa


What I'm listening to





1 comment: