Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Post Oblivion

Heeyyyyy everyone.

So I'm safe back from Bolivia- really an incredible trip.  Although it cost me $135USD to buy a visa to get in, it was definitely worth it. 

Speaking of SAFE... yesterday I had my first near death experience in Argentina/life (sorta)

So after history and then ethics class (both in which we watched documentaries) I came home, ate a loaf of bread, and went to take a nap. In my sleepy dreams, I woke up to a minor explosion. It was like a bad dream or something, I had no idea what was happening. Everything was dark and I went into my living room area and I saw a chair on fire, the curtains on fire and I could barely breathe because of all the smoke. AH. Then I freaked out because the door was locked and I couldn't find my keys. There were guys outside saying "abre la puerta!" but I couldn't. Al final, found my keys, opened the door, and they took care of everything. Fire men came, police men. 
Unfortunately, our cable burned so we don't have internet or phone now but everything all worked out. Now I know how I react under pressure situations I suppose? Anywayyyyss..



BOLIVIA, in pictures:
The colors are just unreal. 
crazy rock formations, inspired dali:

horse back riding my first day in topiza, bolivia:
spent four days in a toyota landcruise exploring bolivia:

llammmmmaaa
piedra de arbol:

el salar de uyuni:
sunrise at the salar:
natural hot springs:

isla del pescado ...cactus cactus cactus:

No comments:

Post a Comment